This course is designed to cover Solaris network administration in depth and is an extension to our Solaris 10 Systems Administration Part 1 and Part 2 courses. It covers many networking topics, including the TCP/IP model; network topologies, media, interfaces and utilities; ARP and RARP; configuring IP; IPMP (Multipathing); network aggregations, routing; IPV6 (IP version 6); DNS (Domain Name System); DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol); NTP (Network Time Protocol) and IP Filter Firewall. Additional topics are also covered, including Link Aggregations with dladm, Wireless Network configuratiom, Open Source network utilities, and ISCSI configuration, plus notes on NIS and LDAP, and with full hands-on experience at all stages.
This course is comparable with the Oracle D61778GC10 (was SA-300-S10) course and leads to the Oracle Certified Expert, Solaris Network Administrator 1Z0-880 exam.
The Certified Solaris Administrator Program for Solaris 10 qualifications are a pre-requisite for the Network Administrator exam.
Solaris Administration – 1
- The System Administration for Solaris 10 OS, Part 1 course helps students gain expertise in the basic system
- administration concepts of Solaris 10. This course builds on the fundamentals of Solaris 10 taught in Solaris 10
- Essentials. It teaches the system administrators how to perform basic system installation,configuration, operation, and maintenance.
- Data Center Manager
- Network Administrator
- System Administrator
- Required Prerequisites
- Interact with a windowing system
- Perform basic UNIX tasks
- To succeed in this course, you should be able to create procedural application programs
- Understand basic UNIX commands